Do you want to check your emails on the go? Not sure how to add an email account to your iOS device? Or have you tried and failed?
You’ve tried everything
Nothing seems to work and you feel as though you are banging your head against a brick wall.
We’ve all been there and now we’re going to show you two ways to easily add your email account to your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Ready to start?
How to Add Email to your iOS Device:
You have two methods to choose from – one manual, one automatic. Read through the steps first and decide which way is best for you before you start.
Method 1: Automatic
If you have an email account with Yahoo, Gmail or iCloud, the Mail app can set your account up for you automatically and all you need to provide is your email address and password. Here’s how:
- Open your Settings app and tap on Passwords & Accounts
- Next, tap on Add Account
- Choose and tap on your email provider from the list
- Input your email address and then your password
- Tap on Next; Mail will now verify your email account
- Lastly, choose what information you want to see on your devices, like Calendars or Contacts
- Tap on Save
That’s all there is to it.
If your email provider is not in the list, you need to manually add it so tap the button that says Other and follow the steps below.
Method 2: Manual
For this method, you need to know what your email settings are. You can either contact your email provider or click here to look them up. Once you have the settings:
- Open Settings>Passwords & Accounts>Add Account
- Tap on Other>Add Mail Account
- Type in your name, your email address/password, and a short description
- Tap on Next; Mail will look for the settings and complete the setup. If your settings are found, tap on Done, and your account will be set up.
If Mail does not find your email settings, follow these steps to add them manually:
- Tap Next
- Choose POP or IMAP – if you don’t know which one you should be using, contact your email provider; sometimes, a quick search on the internet can tell you as well.
- Type the required information for both Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server. This information should have been provided in the earlier step. If not, look it up or get in touch with your mail provider.
- Tap Next; if everything is correct, tap on Save. If not, you will need to check them and edit them where necessary.
That’s it; really simple.
If you really can’t get your email account set up, then you will have to get in touch with your mail provider – or consider opening an email account that Mail will automatically add for you.
That’s all for now
Let us know how you get on, and follow us on Facebook for more great tips and tutorials.